Ovaries...check. Sperm...check. Ovulation...check. Wait...no check.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Aparently...my ovaries are underachievers

Today, we had our second appointment with Ms. H, our lovely fertility lady. I found out my results from my blood work I had done on day 21, and only had a few things to work on. My Iron is low (no big surprise) and my progesterone too. Yeah, my lovely ovaries must have been on vacation, because they failed to release an egg. Underachievers.

She went over hubby's last s/a, and said that even though his numbers are low, we can still conceive, and she gave us a referral to see the urologist. If they give him the option for surgery for his vericocele, he's gonna go ahead with it. Ms. H told us that 30% of men that have this problem and have the surgery, have an increase in fertility afterwards, so we figure that's decent odds, and what can it hurt anyway, right?

I have to keep losing weight. I lost 5.8 pounds over the 3 weeks between our appointments, so I got a big pat on the back for that. *take a bow* I was impressed with me at least, lol. I've also really made the effort to go to the gym this week. I haven't missed one day! I'm proud of that.

I also, have to get rid of my *large complicated cyst* that my left ovary must be in love with. The thing hasn't shrunk since I found out I had it in Feb. It partially ruptured back then, so that's when I found out I had it. You know...when I was yelling that I was dying and something was seriously wrong. Of course, Ms. H says *exercise!*, which will help it to go away (hopefully) so that I don't have to have surgery. And who wants surgery? I think I'll work my BUTT off...no surgery.

After the loverly cyst finally breaks up with my ovary, and I get my progesterone levels to where they SHOULD be, I'll start clomid. I have to have an HSG at the beginning of May, and will have a follow up with Ms. H 4 days later, at which time I'll be put on the AI and IVF lists. I was really excited to hear that said lists aren't TOO LONG! She said that they are trying to have a quick turn around right now between deployments (remember, military, so this is all done through the Army and Air Force). THRILLED about that one.

We're of course hoping that with all this hard work, and doing what we're told, that we'll get pregnant before it happens. She said that about 50% of her patients lately have gotten pregnant just by exercising, changing diets, and losing weight! One girl, she saw for the first time today, and she was pregnant. She had only talked to her on the phone. Ms. H is GOOD I tell ya! Pregnancy by phone.

So, lots of appointments coming up, maybe clomid, and possibly AI in the near future? I hope so, cause I'm losing hubby for a year in September most likely!!!!

I keep telling my husband how lucky we are to have the assistance that we have. The military has the best insurance EVER. The only thing that we will have to pay for is IVF, IF we have to have it, and even then it will only be $2,900. Everything else is covered by our insurance. It almost makes me feel guilty. All those women out there wanting a baby so badly, but can't afford the treatments. My heart goes out to them, as well as the rest of you who are shelling out life savings for the baby you so desire. Best wishes for all of you and I truely hope that your dreams come true very soon!

No comments: