Ovaries...check. Sperm...check. Ovulation...check. Wait...no check.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

update

Wow, it's been a long time since I've blogged! I hadn't realized.

I can't lie though....it was nice to have a "baby-making break".

My husband and I had decided to just wait til after my surgery to really TRY again, so that meant several months of no stressing. Ok, I lie...I stressed plenty but not over a baby. The hubby was gone for 5 weeks, and managed to make it home the DAY AFTER (yes, I'm still bitter) my surgery. Long story short...surgery was July 16th, he was at training in Cali and was told that they would put him on the FIRST flight back so that he could be here for me. The first flight was the 14th. He got home the 17th. I was irrate. Well...my surgery was supposed to be laproscopic, but of course the cyst was too big and lodged behind my lovely uterus, which meant that they had to cut me open. That's ok, I didn't want to leave the thing in there. I'll take a scar over the pain thankyouverymuchsir. Needless to say, hubby was surprised to fly in the morning of the 17th, call me, and hear "I'm in the hospital, so you'll have to get a ride". He was a bit confused and didn't understand that things hadn't gone to plan until he arrived and I showed him my battle wound. Luckily, I had my dad here for a visit and he took me in for surgery. I know the Army....I didn't expect him to be home.

So, I'm almost 3 weeks post-op now, and looking forward to resuming a normal sex life (it's been 7 1/2 weeks....I've gone longer, but not with him HOME). If I can ever get ahold of my STUPID clinic to make my post op appointment...it'll be a good thing. I'm supposed to have that a week from Monday, but once again we are speaking of the Army. At my appointment, my wonderful Dr. should be giving us the Clomid that I have been waiting for. Then, we'll be active again in the lovely world of TTC. I'm looking forward to it, but I refuse to obsess. I only have about 3 cycles (my guess) before my hubby leaves me for Iraq. ::sigh:: Then, I'll have to wait 15-18 months to resume trying. Another year plus without my baby home with me...

No comments: